Home > Assessment > Autism Spectrum Rating Scales (ASRS) - Online
Autism Spectrum Rating Scales (ASRS) - Online
Author(s): Sam Goldstein, PhD and Jack A. Naglieri, PhD
***ACER and Dr Jack Naglieri will be hosting workshops in Sydney and Brisbane in January 2014. Find out more***
Purpose: Identify symptoms, behaviours and associated features of Autism Spectrum Disorders in children
Age Range: 2-18 years
Time: 20 minutes
The ASRS was designed to effectively identify symptoms, behaviours, and associated features of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) in children and adolescents aged 2 through 18 years of age.
This innovative instrument, authored by the highly respected Sam Goldstein, Ph.D., and Jack A. Naglieri, Ph.D., is a norm-referenced assessment based on a large nationally representative sample, designed to identify symptoms, behaviours and associated features of the full range of Autism Spectrum Disorders. This tool aids in differential diagnosis among the disorders that make up the Autism Spectrum.
Generate up to three user-friendly reports
- Assessment/Interpretive Report: provide numerical and graphical information about a single administration including the individual’s scores, how the scores compare to others and which scales are elevated.
- Progress Report: combine the results of up to four administrations by the same rater to summarise important changes in reported behaviour over time.
- Comparative report: combine the results of up to five raters to provide an overview of symptom status from a multi-rater perspective, and highlights potentially important inter-rater differences in scores.
The ASRS can now be administered, scored and reports generated online.
There are three options for online administration:
- In person with the client while online
- Send a link via email to the client to complete the assessment form online.
- Print the form for paper-and-pencil administration and then enter the responses into the online system to generate the report.
- Autism Spectrum Rating Scales (2-5 Years) Parent Ratings Interpretive Report
- Autism Spectrum Rating Scales (6-18 Years) Teacher Ratings Interpretive Report
Please contact ACER Customer Service for more information or to set up an online testing account.
ASRS Scoring/Online Update
Please note there has been a scoring update to the ASRS for individuals who do not speak or speak infrequently.
The ASRS now has the following two scoring options for online administration and the Scoring Software:
- The standard scoring method which can be continued to be used for individuals without limited speech.
- An alternative scoring method is now available for individuals who do not speak or speak infrequently.
Download the ASRS Technical Report for further details about the alternative scoring method.
Download instructions about using the alternative scoring method for online administration and the Scoring Software.
The icon indicates items that require qualifications to be purchased. To see what qualifications are required, follow the link to view the product's details. To apply for registration of your qualifications with ACER Press, please follow the instructions here.